CAIRO: A decapitated body was reportedly found on a roadside south of Sheikh Zuwayed City, North Sinai, eyewitnesses told Youm7 Wednesday.
Security sources told Youm7 that that they have not received reports of a headless corpse, and a source at Arish Hospital, the main hospital in North Sinai, said it did not received any bodies Wednesday.
Sinai-based militant jihadist group Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis said it executed nine Bedouins for collaborating with Israel in a statement Sept. 2. It released a video Aug. 28 of the beheading of four Bedouins; four bodies with severed heads were found earlier in August.
Two other North Sinai residents were kidnapped on Aug. 30, and were found decapitated in southern Rafah Aug.31.
Families of the victims say they were targeted by Ansar because they provided information to the police and military.
Militants in North Sinai occasionally install improvised checkpoints in search for “wanted security informers.” They subject travelers to identity screenings and check papers presented against other documents, according to Youm7.
Two alleged members of Ansar were killed Tuesday, and two explosive devices planted on security forces routes were neutralized after locals reported them, security sources told Youm7.
On Sept. 2, a landmine detonated under a police armored vehicle, killing all 11 officers on board. Ansar posted a video of the attack the next day.