Two Egyptians were killed in a tourist bus crash Wednesday night on Safaga-Hurghada Road. It was also reported that 20 other passengers, 18 of whom were Russians, were injured in the collision with a truck.
The injured were transferred to Central Safaga Hospital and then to General Hurghada Hospital for treatment.
- The Public Transport Authority is to deploy individuals to inspect passengers with small and large bags, in fear of the presence of explosive materials that might hurt citizens on the bus
The Supreme Council for Universities will secure universities before the beginning of study through private security companies, and will activate the protocol signed between the council and the Ministry of Interior.
- 30,000 new housing units in eight cities for medium income citizens, 13,000 of them will be delivered before Eid el-Adha that is scheduled to begin on Oct. 4
After the General and Central security sectors mounted Wednesday a magnified security crackdown on hotbeds in Rafah in participation with the armed forces, five persons believed to be affiliated with the Sinai –based militant group Ansar Bayt el-Maqdis were killed and 17 others were arrested.
- 116 detained students on charges of illegal protesting were released after a decision issued by the Attorney General Hisham Barakat to “save their future” and give them a chance in education
The Head of Agricultural Developmental Authority Magdi Amin said that the first phase of the national agricultural project to cultivate and reclaim 4 million acres has been proposed.
- The Ministry of Health will activate Thursday the registration website for Hepatitis C patients’ to receive U.S. medicine Sovaldi
The Secretary General of the National Council for Childhood and Motherhood said that the council received 95 reports of violence against children during the period from September 1-15.
- A youth center in Anfoushy district in Alexandria detained 227 accused of attempting to illegally emigrate, including 150 Egyptians, 42 Sudanese, 4 Palestinians, and 23 Syrians