Sharqia Security forces arrested 11 young men for harassing female students and saying obscene words to them.
- Traffic campaigns in Cairo and Giza seized 3,744 cars on the highways Saturday
Deputy Head of Azhar University Ahmed Hosni said there is coordination with the Ministry of Interior to bring police forces inside the University Campus starting from the first day of study.
- A Tourism and Antiquities investigative unit in Minya seized 10 antiquities that were in the possession of a carpenter
A senior Egyptian official announced that Egypt will host a meeting between Fatah and Hamas starting from Sept. 22 to resume the Palestinian reconciliation. Egypt will also host indirect talks on Sept. 24 between Palestinian factions and Israel to discuss a permanent truce.
- The Cairo Criminal Court decided to adjourn the trial of the former General Guide of the Muslim Brotherhood Mohamed Badie and 16 others in the case of the incidents of Guidance office headquarters to Nov. 1
An explosion took place on the Railways of Zagazig – Cairo line causing a separation in the rails. No injuries were reported.
- Minister of Communication Atef Helmy said that the government will provide Halayeb and Shalateen with Internet through satellites and activate the cloud computing
Minister of Irrigation Hossam el-Moghazy said the Egyptian side in the Ethiopian Grand Renaissance Dam negotiations will review for the first time the studies conducted by the Ethiopian side on the dam during a Sunday visit to the site.
- Power cut covers the whole cities of Hurhgada and Safaga for the second time