President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi arrives to New York to participate in the 69th Session of the General Assembly of the United Nations. Sisi is scheduled to make a speech in the summit, as well as a number of the political figures including U.N. Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon and U.S. President Obama.
- Ajnad Masr terrorist group has announced it claims responsibility for the explosion Sunday in front of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs that killed two police officers and a conscript, and injured 9
President Sisi said during an interview with the Associated Press that Egypt may now be considered as an example of a state that confronts terrorism. He added that Egypt and the United States are united with about 30 years of good relations that he intends to maintain.
- The United States is intending to deliver Egypt 10 Apache aircrafts, supporting it against terrorism, Secretary of Defense Chuck Hegel said without determining a specific date
The presidency has agreed that Muslim brotherhood can merge with Egyptian society, with only three conditions: they must admit the legitimacy of June 30 Revolution, get rid of the current leaders, and to keep religion out of politics. Anonymous sources described as “close from the presidency” told Al-Shorouq.
- The national committee of experts between Egypt, Sudan and Ethiopia ended its work in Addis Ababa Sunday, as the Egyptian delegation received number of important studies concerning the Renaissance Dam
Minister of Manpower and Immigration Nahed Ashry said that there are still about 63,000 job opportunities available in the ministry, and called on youth to apply and prepare themselves for the interview and the required tests.
- The Ministry of Interior stated is taking extra additional procedures to secure schools during their first week
An Egyptian medical delegation has arrived to Gaza to donate surgical and medical services for about a week.
- The Popular Current has welcomed the court decision releasing activist Mahienour el-Masry, who was imprisoned for violating the protest law