Education Ministry Mahmoud Abou el-Nasr deplored a history book cover, which has recently surfaced on social networking websites, showing President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi, Tamarod leaders, actresses, TV anchors and other pro-Sisi celebrities. The Minister said the cover was made using Photoshop image-editing software.
- The disciplinary council of judges dismissed an appeal of seven judges who were forced to retire early because of delivering speech at the Islamist Rabaa al-Adaweya sit-in in August 2013.
- Owner of Al-Nahar TV channel, Alaa al-Kahki, filed a “slander and libel.” lawsuit against Sawt al-Ummah newspaper’s Editor-in-chief Abdel Halim Qandeel.
Egypt’s Foreign Ministry has strongly condemned Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s statement in the World Economic Forum, saying that his accusations are “series of lies and exaggeration”
- Islamic State Group on outskirts of Baghdad
- Parties, political movements welcome 50% share of national council for youth
- FAO: Egypt to reduce poverty rate by 50% in 2015
Libyan armed militants kidnapped 65 Egyptian drivers in Ajdabiya city in northeastern Libya, said chief of drivers in Kafr al-Zayat city of Egypt Gamal Own. He called the Egyptian authorities to take a quick action to release them.
- Court of Urgent Matters bans NASL, IStiqlal Party
- Cairo: Erdogan supports ‘terrorism’
- ISG-linked cell arrested
- Container ships collided near the northern mouth of Suez Canal
- Lebanese storm AlJazeera office in Beirut over mocking the Army
Prices of basic commodities including meat, vegetables and fruits rose notably as the Adha feast approaches.
- The Ministry of Petroleum built 37 solar energy stations to generate power for the ministry’s buildings.
Egypt is studying a major development project that includes reclamation of thousands of acres in the Eastern desert, mining in the south-western desert as well as generating renewable energy.
- Security forces foil attempt by Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis to blow up a wall separating Rafah from Gaza Strip.
- Saqqara Pyramid might be removed from the World Heritage list of UNESCO due to alleged violations in the process of its renovation.