Two computers with the data of new students who recently joined the Police Academy were stolen over the Eid al-Adha holiday, an official from the Ministry of Interior reported.
- Egyptian imprisoned 15 days for investigation on allegations of spying for Qatar.
- Muslim Brotherhood members perform Eid al-Adha prayer with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan.
- Ahmed Doma moved to Qasr el-Aini hospital.
- 401 prisoners pardoned due Eid al-Adha.
Million of Egyptians celebrated Saturday the first day of Eid al-Adha, starting their day with the Eid al-Adha prayer in squares nationwide. State bodies were on high alert in anticipation of any emergencies. President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi performed the prayer with State workers, politicians and Grand Mufti Shawqi Allam.
- Three ministers participated in World Bank and International Monetary Fund meetings in Washington.
Cairo Criminal Court Presiding Judge Mahmoud Kamel al-Rashidy may soon travel overseas for medical treatment, which could delay the trial of former President Hosni Mubarak.
- Four kidnapped Sufi sheikhs released in Sinai.
- Warring Dabadwia and Halail tribes make temporary peace to share Eid al-Adha celebrations.
The March 9 Movement for University Independence announced Friday it will stage a protest on Oct. 13 in front of Cairo University to protest new amendments to the Universities Law. The new amendments stipulate that a university president has the right to dismiss any professor who might incite violence or impede the educational process.
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will participate in a donor conference on Gaza reconstruction in Cairo.
- Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas: many countries will recognize Palestinian state.
Russian President Vladimir Putin may pay a visit to Cairo before the end of the year; a Russian-Egyptian summit between Putin and President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi would be held to discuss bilateral relations. The expected visit will be preceded by a visit by a Russian delegate to conduct talks on building a free trade zone between both countries.
- Egyptian pound value increases against the U.S. dollar.