Libyan interim Prime Minister Abdullah Al-Thinni and President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi met in Cairo Tuesday to discuss the situation in Libya, bilateral relations, means to release detained Egyptian truck drivers, and the reopening of Egypt-Libya borders.
- Dozens of Egyptian drivers along with their trucks were released after being detained for 9 days by Libyan militants
- The Tourism Ministry announced 43,000 tourists arrived at Hurghada Airport during the 3-day holiday of Eid el-Adha
Minister of Irrigation Hossam Moghazy said that the ministry is preparing to host a meeting of the Tripartite National Committee: Egyptian, Sudanese and Ethiopian in Cairo from Oct. 20-22.
- Forces at North Sinai managed to kill 16 takfiris believed to be affiliated with Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis group.
The Ministry of Agriculture revealed that it will submit a draft law to confiscate agricultural lands infringed upon by construction, which it said threatens the economic security of the state and decreases its ability to achieve food security.
- Security agencies in different governorates started campaigns to remove the garbage and waste from Eid al-Adha celebrations
Sudanese Foreign Minister Ali Karti, is scheduled to visit Cairo Wednesday evening to meet his Egyptian counterpart to prepare for the upcoming visit of president Omar Hassan al-Bashir.
- Egyptian expats in London celebrated Monday the 41st anniversary of 6 October 1973 War at the Egyptian embassy in London
- Four teenagers were arrested in Giza for harassing two girls and tearing the clothes of one of them during the Eid al-Adha holiday, said sources at the Giza Security Directorate
The head of the International Monetary Fund will attend an investment conference in Egypt in February.