Military forces led several operations to arrest a number of takfiri leaders in Sinai, and spokesperson Brig. Mohamed Samir announced the leader of Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis was killed, along with 21 terrorists Friday.
- Egyptian students began their academic year, as high security measures were taken by the forces to secure their first days
- The trial of former president Mohamed Morsi in the Ithadeya case will continue Sunday
Norway’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Børge Brende told Al-Ahram Saturday that reconstruction of Gaza is meaningless until there is a permanent settlement reached between Israel and Palestine, and warned against the renewal of conflict between both sides. Brende is scheduled to visit Cairo to participate in the international donor conference on Gaza reconstruction Sunday.
- Egypt asks for international help to reclaim smuggled money
- Egypt prepares to receive Russia’s Putin
- Two Muslim Brotherhood leaders sentenced to 15 years in jail over torturing a lawyer in Tahrir Square
Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir said that his country in negotiation with Egypt over Halaib triangle issue, saying the triangle is Sudanese. He added in an interview with Asharq al-Awsat if the talks failed, Sudan will go to the international arbitrary and to the United Nations. The Halaib and Shalateen triagne tribes public coordinator told Al-Akhbar that the people in the triangle announced that they are Egyptians.
- 500, 000 EGP campaign finance limit for parliamentary candidates
- Morsi’s trial over Ithadeya clashes resumes Sunday
- Fuel crisis hits Upper Egypt
Prime Minster Ibrahim Mahlab and Pope Tawadros, inaugurated the Hanging Church in old Cairo after a 16-year restoration that cost 101 million EGP.
- Central bank governor Hisham Ramez anounced that it returned about 500 million EGP to Qatar, that was given to it earlier during 2013, as another 2.5 billion EGP are supposed to be returned by November
The trial of Ahmed Doma in the case of Cabinet clashes was adjourned until Oct.18; Doma has been referred to the prison doctor to check on his health.
- Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab conducted a meeting Saturday night to consider reclaiming a million acres