The Ministry of Agriculture will attempt to prevent Ebola by fighting bats after some scientific reports say the animals are carriers of the disease.
- Former Prime Minister Kamal el-Ganzoury active in run-up to parliamentary elections through meetings with electoral alliances.
Airport authorities deny entry to four American diplomats from the U.S. Embassy in Ethiopia for not having entry visas.
Al-Masry Al-Youm Editor-in-Chief Ali el-Sayed is being investigated by the High State Security prosecution following a report by the Ministry of Interior accusing the newspaper of illegally obtaining documents concerning a 2012 presidential election fraud case.
- Ibrahim Mahlab to politicians: first round of parliamentary elections before February 2015.
- Decline in stock market; losses reach 12 billion EGP ($1.6 billion).
- June 30 fact-finding committee announces the end of receiving testimonies, says the Muslim Brotherhood refused to contribute.
The Mohamed Morsi Ithadeya protest trial was adjourned to Oct. 21, and the prosecution has demanded the death penalty.
- Asyut Criminal Court declares 141 people innocent and sentences 26 others to life prison for violent incidents in post-Rabaa protests.
- Three people arrested in Giza following allegations they are affiliated with the Islamic State group (IS) and joined their forces in Syria six months ago.
Egyptian and Sudanese presidents to meet Saturday at Ithadeya presidential palace.
- Governorates of Minya and Asyut say Sovaldi hepatitis C treatment unavailable despite the Ministry of Health’s announcement of its availability Thursday.