Sixty judges were referred to the disciplinary committee after they signed a statement supporting the Muslim Brotherhood as a political faction.
- The Cairo Criminal Court ordered Hesham Genena, the Head of the Central Auditing Organization to pay a fine of 15,000 EGP ($ 2,100) on charges of public defamation of head of the Judges Club, Ahmed Al-Zend
- The Endowments Ministry received an approval from the Ministry of Justice to grant endowments inspectors the right to arrest civilians violating regulations inside mosques
- Six of October Development and Investment intends to invest $2 billion to $2.5 billion in Egypt in 2015
Antiquities Ministry received 15 ancient Egyptian artifacts that were on the selling lists of Christie’s and Bonham’s auction halls in London.
- Police forces stormed Al-Azhar University to disperse a protest by female students demanding the release of their colleagues who have been detained during earlier protests
- The Attorney General referred to trial 36 defendants for forming a “terrorist organization” during the pro-Muslim Brotherhood sit-in of Rabaa al-Adaweya
- Grand Mufti Shawqy Allam condemned the storming of the Al-Aqsa Mosque that was carried out by Israeli security forces Monday. He called on the international community to intervene to end the “Israeli provocations”
President Abdel-Fatah al-Sisi said he legally cannot grant a presidential pardon for imprisoned journalists in Egypt unless final verdicts in their cases are issued.
- The Supreme Electoral Committee called for people to go and check their voter data to prepare for the upcoming parliamentary elections expected to be conducted before the end of the year
- The government has begun taking steps to convert Egypt’s Delta city of Damietta into a global logistics grain and food commodities hub
- Kafr El-Sheikh border guards arrested 19 Sudanese nationals for attempting to board a ship to illegally emigrate to Italy
A director of a hospital in Egypt’s Delta city of Kafr Al-Dawar was suspended after a video published on news sites showed a woman, who was turned away by hospital staff, giving birth on the hospital’s doorstep.
- Young Egyptian director Sarah Mourad won first prize in the Arab Women Filmmakers section at Baghdad International Film Festival for her short film that tackles abortion
- Minister of Trade and Industry Mounir Fakhry Abdel Nour will sign commercial exchange agreement between Egypt and the Eurasian Economic Union, which includes Russia, Kazakhstan and Belarus