20-plus ‘terrorists’ killed in Sinai: anonymous security sources
Egyptian armed forces - YOUM7 (Archive)
By: THE CAIRO POST

CAIRO: Around 20 “terrorists” were killed Monday morning by Egyptian military airstrikes that started Sunday night in Arish and Sheikh Zuwayed, an anonymous security source told Youm7.

The source said 32 additional “terrorists” were killed Sunday by the armed forces in Sinai.

Aswat Masriya reported Monday according to unnamed security source that 25 “terrorists” were killed in Sinai during operations conducted by the military over the past two days following a militant attack that killed 31 soldiers in North Sinai Friday.

Of those killed or arrested in military operations over the past few days, none so far have been identified as being on the government’s list of 150 most wanted militants.

Eyewitness told Youm7 Monday that members of Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis who used to set-up road blocks disappeared shortly after the airstrikes.

Last Friday, 31 soldiers were killed in a terrorist attack in Sheikh Zuwayed when a group of armed men attacked a military checkpoint in Karam Qowadis to the east of Arish with RPGs and mortars.

Following the attack, a state of emergency and curfew were announced for parts of North Sinai.

Recommend to friends

Leave a comment