Minister of Youth and Sports Kaled Abdelaziz stated that the government would not apply to host the Africa Cup of Nations that was supposed to be held 2015 in Morocco; he added that fears from Ebola were considered by the authority due to World Health Organization warnings.
- Minister of Local Development Adel Labib announced the establishment of a 20 billion EGP Joint Stock Company that would new job opportunities to youth; he also denied that the parliamentary elections would be delayed due to the latest terrorist attack Friday
About 700 people were hit by symptoms similar to the flu in Minya, and the Ministry of Health announced that a committee will head to Delga City in Minya to assess the situation.
- A delegation of US investors is scheduled to visit Egypt by November; Minister of Finance Hany Qadri denied during a press conference held Monday that the government is currently intending to seek financing from the International Monetary Fund.
Attorney General Hisham Barakat established an office for combating corruption; the office will coordinate with other prosecutions, the illicit gains authority and State Security Prosecution to account and record all corruption crimes.
- The Cairo Criminal Court decided to jail activist Alaa Abdel Fattah pending investigations over the case of Shura Council demonstrations, and to postpone the trial session to Nov.11
President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi said during an interview to Saudi Arabian newspaper Okaz that Egyptians will not allow those who killed them once, or banned them from gaining their livelihoods, to return to the country.
- Well-known Egyptian singer Sherin Abd al-Wahab was sentenced in jail for 6 months, fined 500 EGP and ordered to pay 2,000 EGP in “civilian compensation” for attacking actor Sherif Mounir and his family and insulting them
- A number of political parties announced the establishment of a National Front to confront terrorism, calling other parties to join them, as they released a joint statement signed by number of prominent politicians
President Sisi issued a new decree allowing military forces to join police in securing public institutions for two years; any crimes committed against these institutions would be directly referred to military prosecution, then to a military trial.
- Military forces have enhanced their numbers in Sinai, conducting increased operations. Eight alleged terrorists were killed Monday, including those thought to be involved in Friday’s terrorist attack