Appointing a female maazun (an authorized official who registers marriage contracts) contradicts with the Islamic religious laws, said the head of maazons’ syndicate Islam Amer. He added any marriage contracts registered by a female maazon are null and void.
- U.S. is ready to give Egypt emergency loans
- Dar al-Iftaa replies to Islamic State group fatwas
Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab visited Damietta Tuesday and gave the go-ahead for the establishment of a global logistics hub for the handling and storage of grain and food commodities.
- The number of tourists visiting Egypt increased by 76.7 percent in August 2014 compared to August 2013
- Security forces killed one of the alleged perpetrators of the latest suicide attack in Sinai that killed 30 soldiers on Friday
- Minister of Civil Aviation said a concessional tender for the Airport City project will be launched in November
- The High Dam Authority in Aswan declared emergency status in anticipation of a high Nile flood expected in December
Investment Minister Ashraf Salman said the new investment law would be approved by the cabinet by the end of this year.
- Security forces killed seven people and arrested 10 others following a raid on terrorist cell hideouts in the North Sinai governorate
- President Abdel-Fatah al-Sisi met with Minister of Religious Endowments Mohammad Mokhtar Gomaa and discussed ways to establish “well-informed religious discourse”
After media reports said former member of the dissolved National Democratic Party (NDP) and Steel tycoon Ahmed Ezz could run for the coming Parliamentary elections, some state top officials from the presidency sent him a message of “Be silent or punished.
- Nedaa Tunis leader: alliance with Nahda Party is ruled out
- Ministry of Health: 1,500 patients receive Sovaldi drug
A committee that was assigned by the Cabinet to review former President Mohamed Morsi’s presidential decisions asked to withdraw the Egyptian citizenship from 800 foreigners, most of whom have Palestinian citizenship.
- Military forces disperse clashes inside Mansoura University