Despite Al-Azhar calls not to start filming a movie about the life of the prophet Mohamed, Iran announced that they are proceeding on it, and that they are heading to Germany to complete filming. Grand Imam Ahmed Al-Tayeb stated that it is prohibited in the religion to portray the prophet in any physical form.
- President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi gave a speech Monday as he was attending the 2014Badr Military Maneuvers, in which he greeted Sinai residences, saying that they evacuated their houses for the sake of their country
- Former president Hosni Mubarak asked to meet the soldiers who were injured in the Oct.24 Rafah terrorist attack
The Egyptian delegation to the Human Rights Council of the United Nations made some final amendments on his report before releasing it.
- The joint Egyptian-Ethiopian Ministerial committee agreed in their final statement to confront all kinds of terrorism, crime and human trafficking
- The African Football Confederation refused Morocco’s request to postpone the African Nations Cup due to concerns of Ebola
Muslim Brotherhood students continue their demonstrations in universities demanding the immediate release of their jailed colleagues, and tried Monday to storm the faculty of commerce
- The Egyptian Initiative for Defending Journalists called for investigations concerning the journalists who were killed since the January 25 Revolution
- The Cairo Criminal Court adjourned the trial of former President Mohamed Morsi and14 other defendants in the Ithadeya case to Nov. 5.
Salafi Nour Party denied that it would answer calls for an “Islamic Revolution.”
- An alleged terrorist group was arrested and jailed pending investigation for 7 days, as the prosecution revealed that they were planning to hit the Egyptian Media Production City
- Al-Azhar suspends one of its teachers, Mahmoud Shabaan, and announced Monday that are waiting for results of an investigation into alleged incitement
Military forces began a number of operations that killed about 16 “takfiris” (extremist militants) near Karm Qaradies in Sinai, where a terrorist attack took place Oct.24 that killed 31 soldiers.
- Grand Imam Ahmed Al-Tayeb announced Monday that Al-Azhar will increase the number of religious convoys to Sinai confronting extremist thoughts.
- Minister of Communications Atef Helmy announced that the internet became available now in Halayib and Shalateen governorates for the first time.