The Ministry of Interior announced that the announced anti-military demonstrations of Nov. 28 will be confronted with live weapons and guns, and that the securing of governmental facilities will be firm.
- President Abded Fatah el-Sisi ordered to establish a ministerial working group including the tourism, transportation, and civil aviation culture and archaeology ministries to improve counter-terrorism measures in Egypt
- The Cairo International Film Festival will be close Tuesday, Nov. 18 at the Sound and Light Theater beside the pyramids at 8 p.m.
The armed forces decided to increase the buffer zone an additional 500 meters to become a full kilometer wide, after the discovery of long tunnels with entrances past the original zone.
- President Sisi is going to visit Italy and France this month during a tour in Europe, followed by a visit to China Dec. 23 According to presidency spokesperson Alaa Yousef
- The Ministry of Health announced the second death this year of a 19-year-old woman from bird flu
The military killed six extremists and destroyed five “terrorist hubs” in Sheikh Zuwayed, North Sinai with Apache helicopters. Fourteen others were arrested and are being investigated to determine their possible association with terrorist attacks. Also, anonymous gunmen fired at an ambulance while it was transferring the body of a dead “terrorist.”
- The width of the buffer zone at the Gaza Strip will be expanded from 500 meters to one kilometer
- Security sources claim that Hamas leaders are implicated in the Karam Qawadees attack that killed over 31 Egyptian soliders in North Sinai
A total of 246 constituencies will vote for individual parliamentary candidates rather than a party list, governmental sources said.
Of the total constituencies, 60 percent will vote for only one candidate, 25 percent will vote for two and 15 percent will vote for three candidates.
- Egypt’s stance towards Qatar will not change after Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates have decided to resume diplomatic relations with Qatar, Egyptian diplomatic sources said.
- Metro chief Ismail Nagdy confirmed that the digging for the fourth line of the Metro will begin in January.The new line will connect October 6 City with Cairo and Giza
- Cairo governor Gala Saeed said that parking cars in downtown streets will be banned after the opening of the Tahrir parking lot, which is planned to accommodate 2,300 cars. The inauguration is scheduled for December