Twitter activists celebrate President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi’s 60th birthday by launching a hashtag translating to “Happy Birthday President.”
- Sisi grants residents of Dabaa city 2,300 feddans to establish urban housing communities for residents and workers at a planned nuclear power station
- Minister of Planning Ashraf el-Araby expected an increase in the economic growth rate this year 2014-2015 to reach 3.8 percent
- A school in Kima city in Aswan governorate was evacuated from students after cracks appeared in the school building
An unmanned plane bombed four hotbeds for terrorists affiliated with the Jihadi group based in Sinai Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis in south Sheikh Zuwayed, with four shells.
- Cairo Governorate received 30 new buses for the public transport sector
- 46,000 were arrested for traffic violations and 312 drivers for drug abuse amid its campaigns across the country
- The kidnapped son of national security official Yassin Ahmed was released by his armed abductors after six days of captivity
Foreign Ministry officials met with ambassadors of the African Group in Cairo to garner support for Egypt’s bid to secure a non-permanent seat in the United Nations Security Council in 2016-2017
- The Egyptian stock exchange edged up Tuesday as its main index EGX30 rose 0.66 percent to 9,177.81 points in total turnover of 657 million EGP
- A 19-year-old woman, who reportedly raised chickens on her rooftop has died from bird flu Monday
- Minister of Planning Ashraf el-Araby said the GDP grew by 6.8% in the first quarter of the current fiscal year 2014 – 2015
Egypt will expand the buffer zone between Sinai’s town of Rafah and the Gaza Strip from 500 meters to 1km wide.
- Security sources say three militants were killed and 27 others arrested in a raid in North Sinai Tuesday
- Security forces stormed Al-Azhar University campus after students torched the Dentistry Faculty Dean’s car Tuesday
- A live Disney show, which features a cast of Disney characters in a magic-themed performance, was launched at Cairo International Convention Centre Tuesday
- The Egyptian Center for Public Opinion Research, (Baseera) said Electricity production generated from solar energy dropped by 48 percent in 2012-13 compared to the year 2011-12
Al Masry Al Youm
The closing ceremony of the 36th Cairo International Film Festival was held on the foot of Giza Pyramids Tuesday.
- Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry met in London with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry to discuss the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in light of the escalating tensions in Jerusalem
- The Kefaya Movement said it would participate in the 3rd anniversary of Mohamed Mahmoud Street clashes that killed 47 people and injured 3,000 others Nov. 19, 2011
- The police have recovered the senior police officer’ son who was kidnapped on his way to school last week