The election constituencies law could be passed after the new demarcation of the governorates, and Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab told Youm7 the latter law is almost done.
- Suez Canal Bank chief: we are ready to repay the first revenues of the Suez Canal investment certificates.
President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi will sign a cooperation agreement on Nile water management with South Sudanese President Salva Kiir, Egyptian Water Resources and Irrigation Minister Hossam Moghazy told Al-Shorouq.
- Wafd Party head: Parliamentary election law flawed.
Over the last few days, Qatar held talks with Muslim Brotherhood members who fled to Doha and told them they should leave its territory, sources close to the Brotherhood said. Qatar could offer to mediate to reach reconciliation between the Muslim Brotherhood and Egyptian authorities, the sources added.
- Islamic State group flags used in MB protests.
- Peter Greste’s family petitions for his pardon.
- Recently arrested MB leader accused of espionage.
Al-Azhar Institute warned citizens against participating in the Salafist Front’s call to raise copies of the Quran during pro-Muslim Brotherhood protests planned for Nov. 28, calling it an act of “religious abuse.”
- Egyptian Ramy Ashour won the men’s World Squash Championship in Qatar Friday after a 3-2 victory against fellow Egyptian Mohamed El Shorbagy.
- Two Islamist militants were killed and nine others arrested during security raids in North Sinai‘s town of Sheikh Zuwayed Friday.
President Abdel-Fatah al-Sisi is set to start a four-day trip to Paris and Italy Monday for official state visits.
- The head of the Alexandria Port Authority said that during the past three weeks, the city received 10,000 tourists onboard 14 Mediterranean cruises.
- Central Bank of Egypt Governor Hisham Ramez said Egypt will pay $500 million as the last of a deposit repaid to Qatar at the beginning of 2015.