Approximately $30 billion in investment and aid is expected from the Sharm el-Sheikh Economic Summit March 13- March 15
- Political debates suggest postponing parliamentary elections to improve constituencies’ law
- Prosecution accuses former Minister of Petroleum Sameh Shoukry of ‘high treason’ in Israel gas export case
- Egypt and Sudan sign water cooperation agreement
President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi signed an agreement with his South Sudanese counterpart Salva Kiir over bilateral cooperation in water resources management.
- Egypt will host an international economic conference in the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheikh from March 13-16.
- Security forces killed two Islamic militants and destroyed 50 hideouts in a raid in the North Sinai town of Sheikh Zuwayed
- The head of the Saudi-Egyptian Business Council, Sheikh Saleh Kamel, said the council intends to investment in the Suez Canal axis project with capital estimated at $ 3 billion
The Egyptian and Sudanese foreign ministers will discuss Sunday a mutual protocol annulling visa entry requirements.
- Over 3,000 Palestinians stuck on borders after the closing of Rafah crossing; tensions between Palestinian embassy and Egyptian authorities
- Activist Asmaa Mahfouz posts to her Facebook account political plan need before “2nd revolution”
Lawyers Syndicate calls for boycott of activist Ahmed Doma’s case after defense team withdrew.
- Ministry of Health announces successful result for Hepatitis C case treated with Sovaldi for a month
- Ministry of Interior continues media campaign warning against Nov.28 protests
President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi met Saturday with the Chinese presidential envoy, Meng Jianzhu, who expressed China’s intention to establish “strategic partnership” with Egypt.
- A Lawyers’ Syndicate statement has been referred to the attorney general because it “insulted” the court and applauded the withdrawal of the defense team in the 2011 Cabinet Protests Trial
- 300 drivers were arrested during the last ten days in Cairo for charges of traffic offences, including consuming drugs and alcohol while driving
- The Transport Ministry plans to raise ticket prices for air conditioned passenger trains and the metro in January