High profile sources said the High Elections Committee will start allowing candidate submissions for Parliament beginning in January. The sources said the final results of the elections will be announced in March.
- A victim in Damanhur in Beheira governorate in the Nile Delta has died of swine flu.
- Ministry of Transport to install security cameras and electric gates at all train stations.
- Ten alleged militants were killed, 18 arrested and 87 of their hideouts destroyed in a security campaign in North Sinai.
President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi said during an interview with a Sudanese newspaper that relations between Egypt and Sudan will only improve, as the two countries have common interests.
- The Cairo Criminal Court decided to postpone the case of Alaa Abd El Fattah and 25 other detainees to Nov. 25. It was also decided to exclude personal video from the case’s evidence.
- Security forces in Beheira governorate evacuated a school after finding a bomb device in front of the principal’s office.
President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi starts Monday a European tour that will include Italy and France. The tour will last for two days, and a high-level delegation with a number of ministers will be Sisi’s entourage.
The Muslim Brotherhood officially announced Sunday its participation in the protests planned for Nov. 28.
- Qatari official: we know Egypt’s power, are ready to help it.
- Ministry of Health: 1,000 patients doing well with treatment of hepatitis C drug Sovaldi.
Workers have dredged 8.5 million cubic meters in the “New Suez Canal” project.
Military exercises between Egypt and UAE.