The judicial committee responsible for confiscating the Muslim Brotherhood (MB) assets could freeze the assets of the pro-MB National Alliance of Supporting Legitimacy (NASL) members, judicial sources said Monday. The Court of Urgent Matters had previously ordered the ban of all NASL activities.
- Government reclaims 660-million acres of land along Ismailia-Egypt Road
- Egypt offers 40 projects in the planned Economic Summit in March: Mahlab
During his meeting with President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi Monday, Italian Prime Minister Matteo Renzi hailed Egypt as a “strategic partner” of Italy and the EU countries.
- Chairman of the Suez Canal Authority Vice Admiral Mohab Mamish said the Suez Canal axis project will provide 1 million job opportunities for youth
- Military spokesperson Mohamed Samir said 11 Islamic militants were killed in a raid that targeted extremists’ hideout in North Sinai Monday
- The Egyptian Stock Exchange declined Monday as its index EGX30 fell1.27 percent to 9,156.68 points in a total turnover of 681 million EGP
- The general coordinator of the fact-finding committee investigating violent events that occurred nationwide after the mass protests of June 30, 2013 said the committee will present its final report next week in a press conference
- The meteorology authority said cool weather and rain will continue nationwide until Tuesday
Pope Francis and President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi discussed Monday the role of Egypt in the promotion of peace and stability in the Middle East.
- The Foreign Ministry hailed in a statement Monday the “great success and the high turnover” achieved in Bahrain’s legislative elections
- The Khalifa Fund for Enterprise Development (KFED) will provide a $200 million loan to fund micro entrepreneurs
- The Egyptian Civil Protection Authority said it recovered 9 corpses and 7 injured people from the ruins of an eight-story residential building that collapsed in Cairo’s western suburb of Matariya Monday
- Security forces arrested a “terrorist cell” of five people during their organizational meeting to prepare for protests scheduled for Friday
The number of the former President Mohamed Morsi supporters who were killed in Rabaa sit-in dispersal hit 618 persons, said sources from the Fact-Finding Committee of June 30 incidents. The committee documented the killed people’s names.
- Ministry of Interior on alert due to Nov. 28 protests
- Military forces kill 11 takfiris
Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab issued a decision to revoke Egyptian citizenship from the head of a Salafi authority in Palestine Mohamed Salman Hussein Abu Gamei. The decision was taken after information submitted to Mahlab by the Ministry of Interior indicating that Abu Gamei always resides outside the country and is linked to foreign organizations against the state.
- Court decision overturns expulsion of 100 students from Al-Azhar
- Ministry of Interior may use live ammunition in Nov. 28 protests