Former Prime Minister Hazem Beblawy told Youm7 that he will leave Egypt at the end of the week to accept a position at the IMF.
- The Ministry of Irrigation promises to work to improve water quality in Lake Manzala, at a cost of 230M EGP
- Civil protection services defused an IED near the city of Abu Matamir Lake, after a suspicious package was reported
- Seven suspected terrorist were arrested in southern Arish, Sheikh Zuwayed, and Rafah on Wednesday
The Cabinet agreed on amending laws concerning illicit gains crimes and the application of the death penalty against rapists, besides approving a bill of “terrorist entities.” Such a bill stipulates that a “terrorist entity” is a society, organization, group, or gang that practices or calls for public disorder and endangers people’s lives.
- Egypt to pay off Qatari deposit Friday
- State warns of using live ammunition against those who call for violence
- Abbas in Cairo today
The final verdict against the former President Hosni Mubarak over charges of involving in killing peaceful demonstrators during the January 25 Revolution will be announced Saturday, said a judicial source.
- Al-Azhar University final exams time postponed to Jan. 4
- Transitional Justice Ministry drafts anti-discrimination law
- Roads and Bridges Authority head: 700 bridges near collapse
President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi signed three agreements with his French counterpart Francois Hollande during his visit to Europe that started Monday. Hollande was also invited to visit Egypt during the new canal opening next August.
- A police colonel and soldier were killed in Sinai after an attack on their car by militants
- The Ministry of Interior announced it has a “firm plan” to confront possible demonstrations and riots that were called for Friday Nov.28 by the Salafi Front
The June 30 Fact-Finding Committee announced its final Report Wednesday after about a year of investigation, with a final death toll of 615 for the Rabaa al-Adaweya sit-in dispersal.
- Rafah crossing border will be opened for two days by Egypt to allow transit of stranded Palestinians
- Well-known Lebanese singer Sabah passed away Wednesday morning in Lebanon at 87 after a long career of acting and singing. She was also one of the pioneer actors who participated in Egyptian cinema.