Former presidential candidate Hamdeen Sabbahi, the head of the Egyptian Popular Current, said that the recently acquitted former President Hosni Mubarak should be retried over the “crimes he committed against the Egyptian people.”
- The head of Ain Shams district Mohamed Sharaf: total number of illegal buildings reached 7,000
- Security sources: security campaigns in North Sinai have arrested five wanted persons and seven suspected in terrorist attacks, as well destroyed 15 terrorist hotbeds, two vehicles and four motorbikes
- “Sorry President” Facebook page supporting ex-President Mubarak denied rumors of his death and called on social media users to pray for Mubarak for a speedy recovery from a sudden health crisis
The Ministry of Interior prepared a new plan to secure Gamal Abdel Nasser Metro Station to prevent any attempts by the supporters of the Muslim Brotherhood group to storm it during the coming period. The plan included the installation of eight surveillance cameras and a security barrier at the entrance.
- President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi praises the recent signature of cooperation agreements with South Sudan, and he urged for paying particular attention to aquaculture
- Security forces arrested a police officer for possession of drugs
- The trial of former President Mohamed Morsi and 35 others in the espionage case was adjourned to Dec. 6
Sources from the Ministry of Housing said that it would announce within the coming days a proposal of 20,000 new housing units in 13 governorates.
- Medhat Hosny, the manager of the Center for treating Viral Hepatitis at a hospital in Alexandria said that eight Hepatitis C cases were cured after receiving the American medication Sovaldi
- Eleven new cases were discovered infected with chickenpox in Damietta; nine of them are students, and they were quarantined and given 15 days vacation until their recovery
Names of 42 Muslim Brotherhood’s prominent figures have been added to the Interpol’s “red list” for funding terrorist operations.
- North Sinai Governor Abdel Fattah Harhour announced schools of the governorate’s towns of Rafah and Sheikh Zuwayed will reopen Sunday after three weeks of a halt due to security issues
- Suez Canal Authority (SCA) Chairman Lt. General Mohab Mamesh said revenues from the canal reached $482.3 million at the end of October, up from $ 469.7 million in September
- The Egyptian stock exchange closed Thursday on a positive note for the second consecutive session with a turnover of 911 million EGP
- The Minister of Petroleum said Egypt will import six cargoes of liquefied natural gas from Algeria between April and September 2015 in anticipation of energy shortage expected in summer
Four Egyptian churches denounced the civil marriage draft law for breaching Coptic regulations.
- Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab discussed Thursday with Algeria, Kuwait, UAE oil ministers ways to bolster Arab cooperation in the energy field
- Following its two-day conference on the rise of Islamist insurgents, Al-Azhar issued a statement Thursday denouncing acts of terrorism and declaring these militant groups were “violating the teachings of Islam”
- Security forces arrested 12 suspects and destroyed 15 militants’ hideouts in North Sinai’s towns of Rafah and Sheikh Zuwayed