Ministry of Health announced that the system of medical insurance for pensioners will be applied in Luxor starting from mid-December 2014.
- President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi will discuss grains and agricultural yields affairs in a Sunday meeting at the presidential palace in Heliopolis
- The Ministry of Health launches vaccination campaign to children in Siwa Oasis in the Western Desert, after the spread of measles in the neighborhood of the oasis. The ministry spotted that 50 percent of 132 infected cases in Marsa Matrouh were in Siwa Oasis, where five died of the disease
- Eleven drivers were arrested for drug abuse in a security campaign in Dakahlia
The Cairo governorate continues developing works in Sayeda Zeiynab and Downtown areas; the residents argued saying the works are harming their jobs and narrowing the place where their shops are set up.
- Ahmed Tharwat, the son-in-law of Muslim Brotherhood leader Khairat el-Shater, was arrested by the security authorities at the Cairo International Airport after he arrived from Doha, Qatar
- 16 Brotherhood defendants were detained over involvement violent acts in three governorates; Minya, Sohag and Menoufiya
- The trial of former Brotherhood Guide Mohamed Badie and 94 members of the Brotherhood group in the case of “Beni Suef events” was adjourned Saturday to Jan. 5, as Badie was absent to attend his trial in the espionage case. Badie and the co-defendants are accused of violent acts that took place in Beni Suef in the aftermath of the August 2013 dispersal of the Rabaa al-Adaweya and Al-Nahda sit-ins
Former President Mohamed Morsi called Saturday during his trial over espionage for holding a closed court hearing with current President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi, former head of the supreme council of the Armed Forces Hussein Tantawi, and former military Chief of the Staff Sami Anan.
Morsi talked about how he was taken by the Republican Guard head since being ousted on July, 3, 2013 by the Army after mass protests called for the end of his regime on June 30, 2013 to July 5. He said if the secret hearing was being held, he would have to reveal the details about his detention.
- Egyptian Interpol prepares 90-name list of the wanted Muslim Brotherhood members
- Sources: National Alliance Supporting Legitimacy freezes activities by the end of December
Cairo Criminal Court sentenced Adel Habara and six others to death for the killing of 25 policemen in August 2013.
- Al-Ahly football club won the African Confederation Cup after defeating Ivory Coast’s Sewe Sport 1-0
- Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry participated in the 10th annual Manama Dialogue, an international security conference held annually in Bahrain with a focus on Middle East security issues
- International Cooperation Minister Naglaa Al-Ahwany met in Cairo Thursday with India’s ambassador to Egypt Navdeep Suri and Greece’s deputy foreign minister Dimitris Kourkoulas to discuss ways to strengthen economic relations between Egypt, India and Greece
- Security forces arrested Saturday 12 suspects during a raid on North Sinai’s town of Arish
Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab inaugurated Saturday the first phase of the National Museum of Egyptian Civilization.
- The number of reported cases of people infected with the bird flu in Egypt has risen to 15, according to the Health Ministry’s report Saturday
- Interpol issued a wanted notice for Youssef al-Qaradawi, a pro-Muslim Brotherhood Islamic cleric
- An Egyptian civilian engineer working for the U.S. Navy was arrested Friday on charges of attempting to leak clandestine information to what he believed was an Egyptian government operative