Attorney General Hisham Barakat referred to military prosecution Sunday an audio recording allegedly showing military and prosecution officials discussing the detention of former Islamist President Mohamed Morsi after his July 2013 ouster.
- The Cairo Criminal Court sentenced Ahmed Doma , who is standing trial in the case of “Cabinet events,” to three years in prison and fining him 10,000 EGP for “insulting the judiciary”
- Three armed men were killed in security campaigns in terrorist hotbeds in North Sinai
The Cabinet sent an official letter to the Central Department for the affairs of the Minister of Education office to stress the necessity of studying private schools tuition, following complaints over their increase.
- The Ministry of Interior warned it would use live bullets against any armed person who approaches embassies and other diplomatic installations
- The International Islamic Council for Da’wah and Relief revokes membership of Youssef al-Qaradawi
President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi will pay a 2-day visit to China starting from Dec. 23, and the presidential office says visit comes in the frame work of bilateral relations on the levels of economy, the increase of the trade exchange and encouraging and attracting investments being implemented in Egypt.
- Sisi announced the reduction of curfew hours imposed in North Sinai region by three hours: it now lasts from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m.
- Egypt: the foreign embassies are secured and not subjected to threats
The undersecretary of the Ministry of Health, eight doctors and 36 nurses were charged with negligence in allowing the spread of Hepatitis C in a hospital in Sharqiah governorate. Preliminary investigations revealed inadequately cleaned dialysis equipment.
- A doctor was caught selling a fake Sovaldi medication to patients at his clinic
- New urban communities authority proposed a general tender for specialized companies to build and operate five new bus lines in 6 of October city and Sheikh Zuwayed city
Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab: Embassies are not threatened, and I toured in the area without guards.
- Business tycoon Hussein Salem proposed 4 billion EGP as a compromise with the Illicit Gain Authority over the lawuits filed against him
- Giza Criminal Court decided to postpone the referral of 185 defendants, received death sentences in Kerdasa massacre case, to the Grand Mufti due to “security measures” to February 22, 2015.