The Cairo Institute for Human Rights Studies (CIHRS) announced Tuesday the relocation of its activities outside Egypt, citing “threats to human rights and civil society organizations.”
- The trial of former President Mohamed Morsi on charges of inciting the killing of demonstrators outside the Presidential Palace was adjourned Wednesday to Dec. 16.
- Curfew hours in North Sinai reduced from 14 to 11.
The Cabinet approved Wednesday the new electoral districts draft law’s step for holding the upcoming parliamentary elections.
- At least six militants were killed and two others were injured during a security forces’ raid south of North Sinai’s city of Sheikh Zuwayed Wednesday
- Palestinian Minister Ziad Abu Ein died Wednesday after an altercation with Israeli policemen north of Ramallah, West Bank
- Prime Minster Ibrahim Mahlab issued a new national strategy to confront corruption
Egypt’s core inflation in November 2014 stood at 7.81 percent compared to 8.47 percent in October 2014, according to the Central Bank of Egypt.
- An improvised bomb exploded in Cairo’s district of Abbasiya Wednesday, no casualties have been reported
- President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi met with President of the Republic of Equatorial Guinea Wednesday to discuss bilateral relations and economic cooperation
Minister of Justice Mahfouz Saber said that the acquittal of former president Hosni Mubarak would not prevent the ministry from recovering the money.
- The Egyptian Exchange (EGX) lost ground at the close of Wednesday’s session and the benchmark index EGX30 fell by 0.83 percent, registering 9,404 points compared to 9,482 points Tuesday
- Foreign minister Sameh Shoukry said communications between the closed embassies and Cairo are ongoing and there are indications that they will soon resume their work
Democratic Current Party denounced the new electoral districts draft law granting 420 seats out of total 540 for independent candidates.
- Doha is set to deport prominent Muslim Brotherhood leaders from its territory
- International Billiard Championship kicks off in Hurgada Thursday