President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi awards Orders of the Republic to 24 senior scholars Saturday on the occasion of Egypt’s Science Day.
- Drilling work in the Suez Canal extension project will be completed late February, according Head of the Armed Forces Engineering Authority and the supervisor of the Suez Canal extension project, Kamel el-Wazir
- An official delegation, headed by the Minister of Transitional Justice Ibrahim el-Henedy visited Tora Prison in Cairo Friday to assess the conditions of the prison and detainees
The General Authority for Supply Commodities (GASC) offered a tender to buy 180,000 tons of wheat from global suppliers in Russia and France.
- Water Resources and Irrigation Minister Hossam el-Moghazy is to head an Egyptian delegation in a visit to South Sudan to discuss bilateral cooperation in the fields of health, water resources and urban planning
- Trade and Industry Minister Mounir Fakhry Abdel Nour said Egypt’s exports of basic commodities during 2014 rose by three percent, if compared with exports of 2013
The State Council is considering the new electoral constituencies’ law, approved by the government Wednesday.
- A joint Egyptian-Kenyan Committee is to meet in Nairobi mid-January 2015 to discuss ways to boost bilateral economic ties
- Hundreds protested in the southwest of Nigeria Friday following an attempt to relocate the Egyptian Consulate in Lagos to Abuja
Egyptian Universities witnessed 226 protests during November 2014, according to a Democracy Index report released Friday.
- Catholic Pope Francis was ranked least favorable in Egypt with 35 percent respondents of those participated in a survey conducted by the Pew Research Center.
- The decision of the British, Canadian and Australian governments to close their embassies in Cairo is “an attempt to blackmail Egypt,” said renowned journalist and thinker Mohamed Hassanein Heikal
Al Masry Al-Youm
Hundreds of pro-Muslim Brotherhood protesters gathered in Greater Cairo Friday against the acquittal of former President Hosni Mubarak.
- EGX market capital lost 14.4 billion EGP during the past week with the EGX30 Index decreasing by 2.8 percent to record 9,196.93 points
- A fire broke out Friday morning near the British embassy, due to what appeared to be short circuit inside one of the security vehicles that secures the embassy.