Top security officials asked concerned bodies in the state to exclude the former members of the dissolved National Democratic Party (NDP) from the coming Parliamentary elections. The security bodies monitored some of the NDP members were meeting in one of Cairo hotels, discussing the preparation to run for parliamentary elections.
- President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi discusses fighting Libyan terrorism with Chadian president
- Egypt, Greece perform joint naval exercises
- Ayman Nour contacted with Mossad
First Assistant to the Minister of Interior Sayed Shafiq tells Al-Ahram that 80 percent of the militants who carried out the Oct. 24 attack in North Sinai have been neutralized. He adds that Bedouin locals played a great role in besieging Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis.
- President Sisi and his Chadian counterpart Idriss Déby discuss in Cairo bringing security back to Libya and enhanced African cooperation
- The Egyptian Attorney-General and his French counterpart sign a memorandum of agreement to enhance international judicial cooperation to combat terrorism and human trafficking
The prosecution stated that the detention of President Mohamed Morsi in a navy facility after his ouster was necessary to protect his life and does not affect the course of the lawsuit.
- Six accused Ansar Bayt al-Maqdis members were killed and 11 were arrested in North Sinai, some of whom were implicated in an attack that killed dozens of soldiers in Rafah
- At least 13 fishermen were killed after a container ship hit their boat in the Red Sea
- Egypt and Greece partake in a marine maneuver in the Greek waters
- Egypt buys four battleships from France in a billion euros deal
Al-Azhar University allowed the return of 30 students who were dismissed last year over charges of participating in riots and sabotage after the Administrative Court ordered their re-enrollment.
- Ministry of Health: death toll due to bird flu close to 50%
- Defense witnesss in ‘Shura Case’: police used the force against protesters
The Egyptian economy faces harsh repercussion of the plunge of the oil price to $60 per barrel; the Egyptian stock exchange sharply declined Sunday after the fall of global markets; some of the Gulf States could decrease their financial aid to Egypt.
- New catastrophe in Red Sea as fishing boat sinks after collision with tanker
- UK delegation seeks security measures around embassy in Cairo with the Foreign Ministry
- Prosecution: Morsi was detained in Abu Qir naval base to protect his life