President Abdel Fattah al-Sisi has approved amendments to create a new police rank at interior ministry with arrest powers.
- Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab will inaugurate the Nanotechnology Center of Zewail City for Science and Technology Tuesday
- Egypt’s Grand Mufti Shawqi Allam condemns Sydney hostage crisis
- The restoration work of the colossal statue of pharaoh Amenhotep III in Luxor, which was toppled in an earthquake more than 3,000 years ago, has been completed
The Cairo Criminal Court postponed Monday to Dec. 22 the trial of former President Mohamed Morsi’s espionage case.
- Investment Minister Ashraf Salman announced the government is hoping to gain direct investments worth 600 billion EGP ($9.2 billion) over the next four years
- The Egyptian Exchange (EGX) rebounded with a rise of 1.34 percent Monday after a steep drop Sunday
President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi will meet Russian Deputy Prime Minister Arkady Dvorkovich in Cairo Tuesday to discuss bilateral cooperation in economy and security fields.
- Mohamed al-Suwaidy, chairman of the Federation of Egyptian Industries said oil consumers will benefit from the global decline in oil prices
- Head of the Suez Canal Authority Mohab Mamish said 71 ships, carrying a total cargo of 4.6 million tons, have crossed the Suez Canal on Monday
- Egypt hosts the 6th Annual Private Insurance Funds Conference
Families of fishermen who drowned after the collision of an Egyptian fishing boat with a Kuwaiti container ship on Sunday, protested in front of South Sinai governorate headquarters demanding that government retrieve the bodies of their relatives.
- Administrative court issued Monday a final ruling rejecting the return of Interior Ministry – affiliated policemen to universities
- The State Council approved on Monday the draft of the Election Constituency Law, submitted by the Cabinet to regulate electoral districts
Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab inaugurated Monday the completion of the first phase of the Egyptian Museum renovation project.
- EgyptAir van crashed into a standing airplane at Cairo International Airport causing damages at the airplane’s engine
- Presidential spokesperson Alaa Yousef said Monday the presidency approved a 55 million EGP cooperation agreement with the United States for a power plant