A police officer was killed after armed assailants attacked a police vehicle in Alexandria Tuesday.
Minister of Health Adel al-Adawy said Egypt has more than 12 million cancer patients, with a 58,000 increase every year.
General prosecutor Hisham Barakat referred a suspect to a military trial over complicity in targeting consulates and embassies in Egypt.
The pipeline that carries natural gas to Jordan through Egypt’s North Sinai was struck by an explosion Tuesday.
- An Egyptian couple were killed and their daughter kidnapped in Libyan city of Sirte Tuesday.
- Egypt and China signed a comprehensive and strategic partner.
- Zakat House or “House of Charity” decided to pay the debts of 200 imprisoned debtors.
- Security forces destroyed 12 “terrorists’ hotbeds” in North Sinai’s city of Sheikh Zuwayed Tuesday.
- Catholic churches in Egypt celebrate Christmas Day.
Minister of Defense Sedky Sobhy honored Tuesday African students who finished their training courses at Egypt’s military institutions.
- A governmental committee, formed to provide statistics on infringements on the state’s properties, will submit its final report by the end of January.
- High Elections Committee prepares for Egypt’s upcoming parliament elections, scheduled during the first quarter of 2015.
The High Parliamentary Elections Committee will call on the voters to cast their ballots by December 31.
- An annual report by the Cairo Center for Economic studies said that 2014 was the most prosperous year for Egypt’s economy since the January 25 Revolution.
- An annual report by the Egyptian Organization for Human Rights said 2013 has witnessed the highest rate of torture in prisons since 2000.