Judge to be investigated over ‘indecent’ pictures   
YOUM7 (Archive)
By

CAIRO:The special committee of Egypt’s State Council has decided to open a fact-finding investigation into controversial “indecent photos”, surfaced on the social media, of the council’s deputy chairman Judge Nasser Abdel Rahman, the State Council said in a Wednesday statement.

The photos show Abdel Rahman, in ‘inappropriate postures’, with several women.

“The State Council is keen to maintain the status and dignity of the judiciary,” the statement said, adding that the State Council would strictly take all actions to ensure this.

Abdel Rahman, who is seconded to work in Qatar, appeared with different smiling women in several pictures, groping and kissing some of them. A document with Abdel Rahman’s contact details, qualification, phone numbers and mailing address was also among the pictures.

The State Council, one of Egypt’s judicial pillars, is an umbrella institution that includes the Supreme Administrative Court, the Administrative Justice Court, the Disciplinary Court, the Board of State Commissioners, the Legal Advice Department, and the Legislation Department.

“We will strongly and firmly deal with the matter because he is a judge and must be wary of his actions,” State Council spokesperson Mohamed Zaki Moussa told Youm7.

The pictures were considered a “scandal” among social media users, and were accompanied with comments questioning the ethics of Egypt’s judges.

Earlier in December, screenshots of an alleged Facebook account of Judge Mohamed Nagui Shehata circulated on social media, where he purportedly posted comments attacking April 6 Youth Movement and former Vice President Mohamed Elbaradei.

The account was closed shortly afterwards, and Sehahta, known for harsh sentences, denied the account belonged to him.

Recommend to friends

Leave a comment