Egypt condemns Copenhagen attacks
Investigative personnel work at the scene of a cafe shooting in Oesterbro, in Copenhagen - REUTERS
By

CAIRO:  Egypt condemned Sunday attacks that targeted Copenhagen in which two persons were killed and five policemen were injured, Egypt’s Foreign Minister Spokesperson Badr Abdel Atty said in a statement.

A man opened fire at an event on Islam and freedom of expression in a café and at a Synagogue Sunday early, killing two civilians including a member of the Denmark Jewish community; however, the Danish police said a suspect was shot down by the police, AP reported.

Abdel Atty offered Egypt’s condolences to the Danish people, government and the victims’ relatives, and wished the injured a fast recovery.

The spokesperson highlighted Egypt’s respect towards all religions and sects.

On Jan. 7, 2015, French satire Magazine Charlie Hebdo was attacked by two men, who had previously identified themselves as members of an Al-Qaeda branch in Yemen, killing 12 people; they then killed other five people and injuring eleven people, then took hostages in Dammartin-en-Goële.

Recommend to friends

Leave a comment