CAIRO: Former Minister of Interior Mohamed Ibrahim and seven other ministers were sacked in a surprise shuffle Thursday.
Ibrahim’s expected replacement is Magdy Abdul Ghaffar, a previous head of Homeland Security. Ibrahim has been tapped to serve as an advisor to the prime minister for security affairs, a presidential source told Youm7.
The unexpected reshuffle includes eight ministers, including the ministers of communications, education, agriculture, tourism, culture, and antiquities.
A presidential statement released Thursday afternoon listed the new heads of the ministries, who have already taken the oath of office in front of President Sisi.
The new ministers:
1. Magdy Mohamed Abdel Hamid Abdel Ghaffar: Minister of Interior
2. Mohamed Ahmed Youssef : Minister of State for Technical Education and Training
3. Dr. Salah Eddin Hilal : Minister of Agriculture
4. Abdel Wahed al-Nabawi : Minister of Culture
5. Mohib Mahmoud Kamel el-Refaie: Minister of Education
6. Hala Mohamed Ali Youssef : Minister of State for Population
7. Khaled Ali Negm: Minister of Commutations and Information Technology
8. Khaled Abbas Ramy: Minister of Tourism