CAIRO: Twelve dead bodies were recovered this morning after their company’s a bus crashed into the Mariotiya Canal this morning in Haram, according to a Saturday statement by the Ministry of Health.
The Ministry of Health has also said that the accident left so far 15 who were transferred to Haram Hospital, three of whom are in critical condition.
There were conflicted numbers reported by the newspapers this morning; the AFP reported 35 died.
The AFP reported that the bus belongs to Orascom Company and was carrying more than 50 passengers.
A number of divers continue searching for any passengers still in the canal.
The head of the Haram District, Ismail Abdel Wahed, told Youm7 that the accident occurred when one of the bus tires exploded, and subsequently the driver lost control and the vehicle crashed off of the bridge.