Sisi to form two new ministries
President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi - YOUM7
By

CAIRO: President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi announced the creation of two new ministries-the ministry of small enterprises and the ministry of Egyptian expatriate’ affairs.

“The initial idea was to establish a governmental body that offers technical, financial and marketing support for the small and medium-sized enterprises but it was decided to establish a ministry instead of the body,” Sisi said during his meeting with the Egyptian expatriates in Germany Wednesday.

According to the International Organization for Migration (IOM) Cairo, the number of Egyptian migrants abroad is approximately 2.7 million. Approximately 70% of them are residing in Arab countries and the remaining 30 % are living mostly in Europe and North America (IOM 2010a.)

On Wednesday, Sisi headed to Germany for a two-day visit where he met with the German Chancellor Angela Merkel and discussed bilateral cooperation. During the visit, dozens of Egyptian expatriates who support Sisi’s policies had gathered to greet him in Berlin chanting “Long Live Egypt.”

A public delegation of Egyptian journalists, movie stars and public figures has accompanied Sisi in his visit, which is the first since the military-backed ouster of Islamist President Mohamed Morsi in July 2013.

Egypt’s last cabinet reshuffle, approved in March, has adds two new portfolios to the cabinet; the ministry of technical education and training and the ministry of population.

Recommend to friends

Leave a comment