2 Egyptians wanted for abduction, killing 2 Tunisian reporters
Tunisian security forces
By

CAIRO: A Tunisian court has issued an international arrest warrant against two Egyptians over charges of involvement in abducting two Tunisian reporters in Libya in September 2014, Tunisia Africa Press (TAP) reported Tuesday.

“The two Egyptians were interrogated in March as witnesses to the disappearance of Tunisian journalists Sofiene Chourabi and Nadhir Ktari,” spokesman for the Tunis Court of First Instance Sofiene Selliti was quoted by TAP Tuesday.

According to Sellitti, “the two Egyptians face charges of kidnapping, sequestration and murder.”

The Tunisian investigating judges have recently travelled to Libya to identify two corps, previously based in Libya, which reportedly belonged to the journalists, Selliti said, adding that the judges took DNA samples to compare them with relatives of the reporters.

On Feb. 24, the Islamic State (IS) group in Libya claimed in a statement to have killed the journalists. The statement showed images of Chourabi and Katri saying that “the group applied the Law of Allah to them.” However, it was not possible to verify the images.

After his meeting with President of the National Union of Tunisian Journalists (SNJT) Neji Bghouri that took place in Tunis Feb. 24, President of the Libyan Culture and Information Authority Omar Al-Gouiri said that the two abducted journalists were “alive and safe,” Youm7 reported.

 

Recommend to friends

Leave a comment