CAIRO: Prime Minister Ibrahim Mahlab visited injured soldiers and civilians in North Sinai and local facilities Monday after the deadly July 1 attacks, along with the North Sinai governor and the minister of health.
“Sinai locals are Egypt’s first line of defense; any soldier who serves in Sinai should feel he is serving his family,” Mahlab said during his visit to the soldiers.
He also checked on three other service sites in Arish in North Sinai: Arish General Hospital, consuming markets and the main sewage treatment station, promising significant development in the projects-deprived governorate.
President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi had already visited army outputs in North Sinai after the attacks, wearing a military uniform.
On July 1, Islamic State’s Egyptian affiliate, Sinai Province, claimed responsibility for attacking more than 15 security sites and carrying out three suicide bombings.
Egypt’s armed forces said that at least 205 militants and 17 soldiers were killed in subsequent clashes.