Trial of 101 Egyptian fishermen in Sudan delayed to August 6
Egyptian fishermen - YOUM7 (Archive)
By

CAIRO: A Sudanese court has adjourned the trial of 101 Egyptian fishermen accused of trespassing in Sudanese waters to August 6, Youm7 reported Sunday.

The fishermen were reportedly released to be deported July 23, and were then re-arrested by Sudanese authorities.

They are facing charge of spying, anonymous source at fishermen syndicate previously told The Cairo Post.

The Sudanese embassy in Cairo has denied the fishermen are facing spying charges, and that Egyptian-Sudanese contact has been ongoing to secure their release.

The former head of the syndicate, Naseem Badr el-Din, told The Cairo Post that the fishermen were “wrongly detained” and that they were captured in international waters on their way to Eritrea.

Recommend to friends

Leave a comment