Ismailia parliamentary candidate withdraws after son kidnapped
Egyptian Woman cast her ballot in Parliament election in Egypt.
By

CAIRO: Parliamentary candidate in Ismailia Yassin M.A. has withdrawn from the race after his son Mohamed, 11, was kidnapped; the kidnappers demanded a ransom of 500,000 EPG ($63,800,) or that the father withdraw his candidacy.

The father said he received a call with the ultimatum, and he and security forces are looking for the boy.

Unidentified assailants opened fire on a parliamentary candidate in Egypt’s Delta governorate of Dakahlia Monday, Youm7 reported.

The assailants reportedly opened fire at Ashraf Al Adrousy, 52, who was on his way home after holding a campaign event in Dakahlia’s village of Derb Monday evening.

On Oct. 24, Mostafa Abdel-Rahman, parliamentary candidate of the Salafist Nour Party, was assassinated outside his house in North Sinai’s city of Arish, Youm7 reported.

The second phase of Egypt’s long-awaited parliamentary elections is scheduled to kick off Nov. 21 in 13 governorates including Cairo, Dakahlia, Menoufia, Port Said and Sharqia with 27.5 million eligible voters.

The parliamentary elections are the third step in Egypt’s roadmap following the ratification of the constitution and presidential elections.

A total of 222 independent parliamentary seats will be available in the second phase, with 2,847 candidates competing in 102 constituencies, the High Election Committee (HEC) announced earlier this month.

Recommend to friends

Leave a comment