CAIRO:Central Agency for Public Mobilization and Statistics, issued in 21 / 11 / 2015 a press release for the World Television day which is celebrated on November 21 of each year and approved by the United Nations on the anniversary of the revival of the day, in which the first World Television Forum 1996was held to clarify the impact of television in decision-making 0The world television Day is not a celebration of a tool , it is a celebration to mark what is the philosophy expressed by this tool it has become a symbol of television communications and globalization in the modern world
The most important statistical indicators include:
- Total number of television broadcasts hours reached 166 353 hours in 2014/2015 compared to 172 079 hours in 2013/2014, a decline of 3.3%.
- social sphere occupied the largest sphere in the number of hours of transmission in 2014/2015, reaching 40 565 hours by 24.4 % of the total number of hours, an average of 111.1 hours per day, followed by the number of political sphere hour 25 775 hours by15.5% with an average 70.6 hours per day, and the number of cultural field hours 23949 hours by 14.4 % with an average of 65.6 hours per day.
3.1% rate of increase in the average daily transmission hours of main and local channels :
- Average daily hours of TV channels at main and local (the first, Second , Cairo, Alexandria , Delta, upper Egypt, Tiba) channels reached 150 hours per day in 2014/2015 compared to 145.5 hours per day in 2013/2014 , an increase rate of 3.1%.
0.1% increase rate in the number of broadcast television sector hours ( Home / Space )
- The total number of broadcast television sector hours (first channel – second – Egyptian satellite – satellite destined for America) reached 34 789 hours in 2014/2015 compared to 34 752 hours in 2013/2014, with increase rate of 0.1%.
- The political sphere occupied the largest share in the number of television hours in 2014/2015 where the number of hours of transmission reached 10058 hour by 28.9 % of the total number of hours an average of 27.6 hours a day, followed by the social sphere 7179 by 20.6 % of the total number of hours an average of 19.7 hours a day, and the cultural field of 4126 by 11.9 % an average of 11.3 hours a day.
5% rate increase in the number of transmission hours regional channels sector ( local ):
- The number of transmission hours regional channels sector (Cairo – Channel – Alexandria – Delta –upper Egypt) reached 37 636 hours in 2014/2015 compared to 35 856 hours in 2013/2014 , an increase of 5%.
- Number of transmission hours in Cairo channel reached 6852 hours in 2014/2015 compared to 6205 hours in 2013/2014 , an increase of 10.4%.
No increase in the number of news hours
- The number of hours broadcast news services (Egypt news channel – Nile international radio misr broadcast news ) reached 26 278 hours in 2014/2015 compared to 26280 hours in 2013/2014 which is almost the same number and it include number of transmission hours is 8759 -hours for audio broadcast of Radio Miser.
9% decline in the proportion of broadcast hours Nile specialized sector channels:
- The total broadcast hours Nile specialized sector channels ( Drama – Sport – Live – Cinema – Comedy – family and children – cultural – scientific research – Higher Education – educational channel ) reached 76 409 hours during 2014/2015 compared to 83 950 hours in 2013 / 2014 , a decline of 9%
- The social sphere was the highest number transmission hours Nile specialized channels sector in 2014/2015 , reaching 22170 hour by 29 % of the total number of transmission hours followed by the cultural field 15132 hours by 19.8 %.
The previous press release is the responsibility of the Central Agency for Public Mobilization and Statistics (CAPMAS), and does not reflect the editorial policy of The Cairo Post.