12 students hospitalized after exposure to school’s pesticides
Girls in school - YOUM7 (Archive)
By

CAIRO: A total of 12 students were hospitalized over exposure to insecticides used at their school in Upper Egypt’s governorate of Sohag, Youm7 reported Sunday.

The health status of all the students was reported as “moderate.” All of them left the hospital after receiving necessary treatment.

The incident took place at Shandaweel Secondary grade Institute for girls, when the administration sprayed insecticides following complaints by students, who subsequently suffered labored breathing.

A police report has been filed about the incident, and will be submitted to the prosecution to begin investigations.

Additional reporting by Mahmoud Maqboul

Recommend to friends

Leave a comment