Yemen’s Houthi group says ceasefire to start on December 14 – spokesman
ohammed Ali al-Houthi, head of the Houthi supreme revolutionary committee, gestures as he attends a rally commemorating the anniversary of South Yemen's independence from British colonial rule, in Yemen's capital Sanaa - REUTERS
By

DUBAI: A ceasefire in Yemen’s civil war will start on December 14, on the eve of planned peace talks in Switzerland next week, the head of the Houthi delegation to the peace talks said on Saturday.

“Based on what had been agreed upon, there will be a halt of the aggression on the 14th of this month,” Mohammed Abdel-Salam told a news conference broadcast live from the Yemeni capital Sanaa.

The Iran-allied Houthis describe military operations by a Saudi-led Arab alliance in Yemen as an aggression. The alliance says it had intervened in response to a request by Yemen’s President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi.

Recommend to friends

Leave a comment