ABU DHABI: Under the patronage and in the presence of HE Sheikha Lubna bint Khalid Al Qasimi, Minister of International Cooperation and Development, Head of the UAE Committee for Coordination of Humanitarian Foreign Aid, the Ministry honored its employees and departments winners of the Ministry of International Cooperation and Development Excellence Award. The award comes in line with the Ministry’s efforts to adopt excellence as an approach to keep up with the fast paced development in the UAE, and meet the expectations of the wise leadership in terms of quality and excellence standards. The awards ceremony was held on Sunday at the Novotel Abu Dhabi Hotel.
Sheikha Lubna stressed that this edition of the awards, which is the first since the establishment of the Ministry in 2013, is merely a first step towards achieving excellence in government performance, and reaching higher levels, represented by the Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Award for Excellence in Government Performance, which accepts applications until February 2016.
Her Excellency highlighted that the Ministry will focus on enhancing its approach to excellence in the next stage, aiming at developing its services and competitive edge, in line with its plans to become the best institutional body among government entities in the UAE.
Her Excellency Sheikha Lubna Al Qasimi said: “The Ministry of International Cooperation and Development Award for Excellence aims to go beyond the symbolic award ceremony, to enhance the value of excellence among the staff, and consolidate this value as an important institutional value in current strategy.
HE also considered that this award contributes to enhancing the values of loyalty, belonging, and recognition of achievements at the institutional level, as well as elevating awareness of excellence and its importance, and building capabilities to drive excellence in the Ministry
HE invited the winners and all distinctive employees to carry on with their excellence journey, in what serves the country and builds its glory.
HE also affirmed that the Ministry’s journey towards excellence is just starting, highlighting that excellence is not a milestone that you achieve, but rather an ongoing process that knows no limits. She invited all the employees to work together to achieve the Ministry’s goal of being the most distinctive government institution in the UAE.
HE also expressed gratitude to all the teams at the ministry, who contributed to its overall success, inviting employees who did not get a chance to be recognized this year to exert additional efforts and carry on with the hard work to deserve the recognition in the coming years.
At the end of the ceremony, HE Sheikha Lubna Al Qasimi honored the winning staff and departments. Winners list included:
· Department Excellence Award: Department of Inspection and Evaluation, Mr. Rashid Mohammed Al Hemyari, Mr. Tareq Ismail Al Badawna, Ms. Noura Omar Ahmad, Mr. Ahmad Suleiman Al Shehhi, Ms. Farhanda Ghareeb Al Sharkawi.
· Office Excellence Award: Office of HE the Undersecretary, Mr. Shadi Mohammed Mousa.
· Supervisory Employee Excellence Award: Mr. Shadi Mohamed Moussa.
· Technical Officer Excellence Award: Mr. Bashar Adnan Ahmed.
· Professional Employee Excellence Award: Ms Kathleen Kenny Jones.
· New Distinguished Employee Award: Ms. Iman Abdul Jalil.
· Driver Excellence Award: Mr. Abed Gul Zahid.
· Host Excellence Award: Mr. Basid Atawar Rehman.
· Messenger Excellence Award: Mr. Lat Tamang.
· Collaborative Supplier Award: Al Fahim Group.
The previous was a press release and does not necessarily reflect the editorial policy of The Cairo Post.