CAIRO: A family member died and three others were injured in gas leak in Upper Egypt’s Minya Thursday morning, Youm7 reported.
Minya Security directorate head Gen. Reda Tablia received a call from local residents say a man suffocated from the gas leakage from butane cylinder, and other three people of his family were injured.
Six members of the same family suffered burns after their home in Menoufia governorate north of Egypt caught fire due to a gas leak Wednesday, Youm7 reported Wednesday.
Thousands of houses in Egypt use gas butane cylinders. On Dec. 5 an 18-year-old student was killed and six other people injured after a gas butane cylinder exploded in a four-story building in Delta’s Menoufia governorate.