CAIRO: Two people reportedly died Thursday after a butane gas cylinder exploded in a Giza building, Youm7 quoted eyewitnesses.
One of the bodies was extracted from the house, which caught on fire, while the civil protection forces are currently trying to recover the second body.
At the time of writing, firefighters are still working to extinguish the fire.
Ambulance vehicles arrived seven minutes after the fire broke out, while fire vehicles took 10 minutes to be at the scene, eyewitnesses added.
Thousands of houses in Egypt use butane gas cylinders.
Six members of the same family suffered burns after their home in Menoufia governorate north of Egypt caught fire due to a gas leak Wednesday.
On Dec. 5 an 18-year-old student was killed and six other people injured after a gas butane cylinder exploded in a four-story building in Delta’s Menoufia governorate.
Additional reporting by Khaled Hussein