17 H1N1 cases confirmed in Egypt’s Asyut: source
Patient - YOUM7 ( Archive)
By

CAIRO: A total of 17 cases of infection with H1N1 virus, commonly known by swine flu, have been confirmed in Upper Egypt’s governorate of Asyut so far since Dec. 2015, medical source told Youm7 Tuesday.

The patients are now quarantined in the governorate’s Fever Hospital and University Hospital, according to the source.

“The ministry has taken all precautionary measures to monitor the spread of the virus which has become part of the seasonal influenza pattern. The health ministry directorate in Asyut monitors respiratory diseases through several specialized clinics,” said the source.

The ministries of health and education have established a joint committee to follow up procedures to limit the spread of the virus among school students, the source added.

A 45-five-year old H1N1patient died Jan. 2 after being quarantined at Upper Egypt’s Aswan University Hospital for more than 10 days, Youm7 reported.

In Feb. 2014, former health minister Maha Rabat announced that 38 people died of the H1N1 in three months while hundreds of others were hospitalized nationwide.

In 2009, the World Health Organization (WHO) announced H1N1 virus a pandemic virus and Cairo ordered the culling of all pigs in the country.

Recommend to friends

Leave a comment