3 civilians injured in roadside bomb attack in Arish
Egyptian armed forces in Sinai - YOUM7
By

CAIRO: Three civilians were injured after roadside bomb detonated south of North Sinai’s city of Rafah, a medical source told Youm7 Saturday.

The source said that a car carrying three people was struck by an explosive device planted on their route.

The three, with ages varied between 16 years to 38 years old, were hospitalized with shrapnel wounds.

Several roadside bombs have detonated in passing armored vehicles amid a series of attacks that resulted in hundreds of deaths among the armed forces and the police personnel in the restive North Sinai. The attacks, mostly claimed by self-proclaimed Sinai Province, have resulted in casualties among citizens.

The army is going through a prolonged fight against “terrorism” in the peninsula, during which it claimed killing hundreds of militants and arresting many extremists.

At the same time, a development plan is taking place in the embattled area, with the construction of thousands of housing units in Arish city, and improving services for Bedouin communities, according to last week statements made by President Abdel Fatah al-Sisi.

In a phone call to a TV channel, Sisi showcased ongoing projects meant to link the Sinai area to the rest of the country, announcing Saudi and Kuwait offers to fund development projects in the Peninsula.

Recommend to friends

Leave a comment