Nagorno-Karabakh says one of its soldiers killed by Azeri gunfire
Servicemen of the self-defense army of Nagorno-Karabakh rest at their positions near the village of Mataghis April 6, 2016. REUTERS/Staff
By

YEREVAN: Nagorno-Karabakh’s defense ministry said on Friday that one of its soldiers died late on Thursday after he was hit by gunfire from Azerbaijan’s forces.

Dozens died in clashes between Azeri and Armenian-backed forces over the breakaway region of Nagorno-Karabakh earlier this month.

A Moscow-brokered ceasefire halted four days of fierce fighting on April 5 but sporadic shooting still breaks out.

Recommend to friends

Leave a comment