3-year-old boy electrocuted to death by cable in Sohag
insulated cables
By

CAIRO: A 3-year-old boy has been electrocuted to death after a high voltage cable fell on his head while walking on a bridge in Upper Egypt’s governorate of Sohag, Youm7 said Tuesday.

The father of the victim, Karam Mahmoud, 42, witnessed the incident as he was escorting his son along the bridge.

Police ordered a medical examination which stated that the death was a result of an electric shock that led to the disruption of the heart muscles and caused burns to the head, abdomen, chest and the upper left eyebrow.

The Criminal Investigation Department said that there is not criminal motive behind the incident.

In October 2015, uncovered power cables on the streets caused several deaths when floods hit the country.

Recommend to friends

Leave a comment