SUEZ, Egypt: Head of the Fishermen Association in Suez Bakry Abu al-Hasan said he communicated with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Sunday to know the situation of three fishing crews detained in Saudi Arabia last week after they entered Saudi-controlled waters without permission.
He explained that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs informed him that there are intense diplomatic communications taking place to release the 100 detained fishermen.
Abu al-Hasan told Youm7 that a discussion is still ongoing about the fisherman who was shot dead by Saudi marine forces while they were chasing his boat.
Abu al-Hasan asked the King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz al-Saud to issue directives to fasten the release of the detained fishermen and to return the body of the killed fisherman to Egypt as fast as possible.
Originally published in Youm7.